Youth Soccer Coaching Tips
- Remember, at this age, All the Players and Coaches
Should Have FUN! Your number one goal as coach should be to have your
players want to come back and play next season!
- Be Ready & Organized - Have your practices mapped out so you will
be able to go right into the next drill without making it up on the
- Have a Plan, but be flexible enough to change the Plan if it's not
working. Some things work somedays, some will not. Have a few extra
drills ready. They may be needed.
- Seek out Volunteers (Parents). The More the Better!
- If the Players do not understand, YOU are explaining it wrong! Try
explaining it another way.
- Keep the Players and the Action Constantly Moving. When Young
Players are standing around, they will get disinterested and lose their
- Do not Overwhelm your Players with complicated Drills. Break Down
concepts/drills into SMALL Manageable Portions. Young minds can only
process so much information.
First Aid Kit